For blind translators: Omega T is now accessible

Hello everyone,
I hope you all are doing fine.
I wanted to share with you this exciting news aboutOmega T, for those of you who do not know it, it is a free and open source CAT Tool.
It is now fully accessible, but for some reason, only with the Python 3 NVDA, that means from NVDA 2019.3 and higher. It does not work with the latest version of jaws as well. However I liked that it is very responsive and light, and also it’s a very good choice  for a free CAT tool. The community is very helpful and you can find various and useful plugins on their website such as the Google translate plugin to add google translate support to the Machine translation.
You can also find a plugin created for blind translators that beeps to indicate if there are available matches from your memory. I did not learn all its options yet, but I was able to learn it on my own.
Note though, that its system is pretty different, you get only the target editor called only editor, it has the source text by default then you can replace it with your translation. If you press f2, you will enter a mode in which you can see the source text followed by the target text, but you do have to be very careful here because it allows you to edit the source. After re-checking the source text you can press f2 again to return to the default mode.
This was the only confusing thing for me, since in all the other CAT tools I have used there were 2 tabs one for the source text and one for the target text plus an edit box.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Marina7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector