Re: Question Regarding Linux

Hi, for completeness I will add WSL to this list of suggestions. WSL, or Windows Subsystem for Linux, is a great tool for running a linux shell on Windows. If you want to get familiar with Linux file structure, using Linux commands, or just want to take advantage of specific Linux packages, WSL is great. I personally use it all the time as a full stack web developer.
It integrates with Windows very well, such that you can even mix windows and Linux commands, such as my favorite, piping linux command output to a windows clipboard.
WSL is just a mini virtual machine that gets spun up for you when you start WSL. It does not have or need a virtual machine manager like VMWare Player, so you do not have to worry about switching from VM to host. It is my favorite way of using Linux on a Windows machine.
Just remember that you do not get a GUI with WSL. I have heard that it might be possible to install some GUI programs, and perhaps even a native linux screenreader on WSL2, although I am not sure, and you should not need to. JAWS and NVDA work well with WSL, there are a few work arounds though in terms of scrolling and copying and pasting, and there is a thread on this here:

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/539100/#p539100

Hoep this helps,

Timothy Breitenfeldt

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector