Re: enough is enough, and it's time for a change.

@Jayde
Restricting it to the people who are actually being affected negatively (rather than bystanders who find it problematic and wish to speak on the effected party's behalf without even consulting them first) is the single most important component of my entire proposal.
The whole purpose was to reduce the amount of mostly pointless witch hunts and retaliatory accusations for often essentially victimless crimes in the first place.
Remember, the vast majority of users want you to keep the database as in tact as possible.  Giving unrelated people the chance to snitch just for the sake of snitching does not forward that effort, even if the bar of proof is raised.
I believe that ultimately, we can do more to discourage the casual acceptance of the practice of asset steeling with sustained arguments against it and by providing alternatives than we can with punitive action; which in my opinion should be used sparingly for the sake of the community and the moderator workload.

Please don't pervert my idea into a 1984 style system where tattling on others for the sake of it is rewarded with the weaponization of restrictions on innocent creators.  I don't believe some of our younger members especially would be able to resist abusing that and wasting everyone's time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector