Re: something in computer industry i find pritty vorrying

I'd rather not have underpowered processors for the sake of battery life though, I want the choice to have a couple hours less without having to spring for a gaming or business laptop with the associated markup.
Plus, not even being able to replace my battery?  Having to pay 3 times the amount I should to fix a keyboard or screen because they have to replace the entire top panel to fix it?
And why did the dropjaw RJ45 port not take off outside of business laptops anyway, I don't want to have obnoxious extra dongles just to get a stable connection when I need it or when the WiFi is down.
And we can't forget about the keyboards with barely any travel that suck to write on...

Point being, there is a comfortable middle ground between ultrabooks and workstations, for instance the slim gaming laptops becoming more and more popular now.  I just wish they were more common and cheaper.