Re: Role playing over Skype

Haramir, I was more interested in simply starting a discussion about the subject though if a group had come together I wouldn't have objected. Making up your own rules is great if you're able to do it, both with the ability of the GM to handle it and the ability of the group to respect it without anyone disagreements. There are enough rules disputes with ready made rules systems so I'm impressed that a group can make a homebrewed rules system work.

King gamer, tactile D&D dice? I know I saw some braille poly dice on the 3D printing site Shapeways a while ago but it was something like £200 for a full set, mostly because of the costs charged by Shapeways themselves I suspect. I'd be interested to hear anything you have to say about them. Unless of course I've completely misunderstood and what you mean is there was no one there to read the printed dice so you'd have needed either a computer dice roller or tactile dice to play.

I've found the iOS app mach dice, that's mach with a H as in the speed measurement, works reasonably well when I've tested it you just have to tweak the settings and move away from the "one roll engine" which only seems to work with D6 anyway. You can enter dice in normal dice notation but note that the keys work as buttons which need either to be double tapped or split tapped, you can't do the hold and lift like with a normal iOS keyboard. I've experimented with GMA Dice but I found its randomness was a bit lacking, it always seemed to give me rolls on the low end, though I was using it for the aborted forum game of Shadowrun which involved rolling many D6 at once so you might have more luck using it with just one or two dice at a time.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : king gamer222 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector