Re: learning bgt with open source games

@monkey999, that is one of the problems with this code. You do not need to tell me that show_game_window shows a game window or that the main function starts the script. There are comments, and there is being excessive. The project is on the latter side of the spectrum.
Combine that with the fact of using global variables all over the place and having no clue about what files can modify, and you really have a problem on your hands.
Combine that with most of the code being in the main loop and lacking utilization of proper classes (they're more like structs -- glorified bags of data) and you suddenly realize that refactoring code is going to be a pain.
Combine that with the fact that the if statements look extremely archaic (if(1+1==2==true)) and the code will most likely confuse a beginner.
I'm sure I'm missing things. To be clear, I am not condemning Tunmi's habits, I have some bad practices of my own, but I am cautioning you and saying that you should not learn from such a resource.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : monkey999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : monkey999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector