Re: Dexed VST Query in Reaper

@3, there are two ways. The only difference between them being how you send the sysex data out.
1. Use Reaper's system exclusive functions to try to send the sysex data, in your case the .syx files, to the plug-in. If the sound changes, you're in luck; Dext is receptive to realtime sysex. If nothing changes, then you'll have to import the sysex using the interface I'm afraid.

Like I say I haven't tried this so I don't know how to do it in Reaper natively. Heck I'm not even sure if Reaper can send sysex to plug-ins, it might only work on hardware for all I know. I really need to learn how Reaper's midi stuff works/doesn't work.

2. Alternatively you can set another sequencer, in my case QWS, to send midi data to Reaper using a midi cable, then use QWS to send the sysex data.

For midi cables, I use Loop midi, but there are others. Some people prefer Midi Yoke for instance, though I have no idea if anyone uses that anymore, or if it even still works.

Heck I should probably just test Dext out for myself so I can let you know if this works or not lol