Re: food handling

yeah, I really like that with few ingredients you can really have something going. Its sort of a staple here to put the sauce I mentioned on pretty much anything, including scrambled eggs.
You can make your own version of an arepa, which is like a fat tortilla we have here if you get oil, wheat flour, water, salt and sugar. You don't need anything else. Just boil water (2 cups), then throw  that all in (one cup of flour, and it depends how sweet or salty you want them so you can try putting a big salt spoon and a smaller sugar one and taste), way for it to cool some and it will form a dough. Good thing is, if its too dry, or too wet, you can always add more ingredients to balance it so there is really no way anyone could really mess them up.  stir that up with a spoon, become a child who plays with dough and using your your hands and roll that into fist sized balls. Then flatten the dough balls you just made (quarter an inch thick, or 1 cm, or whatever you prefer) and put them on the palm of your hand. Now, rotate the dough with the other hand and place the thumb (using the hand that holds) on the border of the dough, to give the shape and contour. Whatever the technique , Basically you want to make disks. Then you could just oil a pan and cook them (3 minutes per side is just about enough), or I bet you could even use an air fryer. This is their simplest form, but you could also fill them up. To do this you get whatever topping you want once you have the disks made, then fold them and flatten them again. Toppings could be endless: cheese (grated is best but small mozzarella cubes work because it will melt anyway), or you could also use ground or pulled apart beef, chicken breast or pork could be good fillings too.
I normally like to make them a bit sweeter and fill them up with mozzarella, as you could accompany them with hot chocolate anytime, or just make them as a side dish for any other meal. They will last for about 5 days in the fridge after being cooked so you can consume them at pretty much any time of the day.
I will definitely try to get and slice that pineapple. There is a good thing to do with pineapple, stolen right out of brazilian rodicios (cookouts):
Get a slice of it and put it on a pan, cook it a bit,  and top it with  just a bit of powdered cinnamon. Works great as a sort of side dish.