Re: swamp.

gadgetman2227 wrote:

Dear gamers,

I am wondering why the developer of Swamp has made it so that you must pay to play the game? In the help file of the current version, he mentions that you must pay to have 4 characters per account. Why would anyone do this? It seems rediculous that you must now purchase this title when it was free before, don't you think? I certainly do. We'll just have to see what Approne thinks of his brilliant idea to make Swamp shareware. I would also like to know what features Swamp has now that it is shareware. New weapons? New maps? Or is it just a waste of our valuable money?

Gadgetman2227

I'm not exactly clear on why you are against the idea of Aprone charging for Gaming Accounts in order to play Swamp. Many of the Swamp gaming community seems to agree with all of Aprone's reasons for turning Swamp into a Shareware game. The main reason being to drastic ally reduce the number of hackers that find it entertaining to frequently reek havoc on Swamp's servers. This gives Aprone a lot more time to add more features to the game (including weapons). He is definitely showing how brilliant of an idea it was to turn Swamp into Shareware by fixing bugs he didn't have nearly as much time to work on before and add new and exciting features. Aprone definitely hesitated to make Swamp shareware showing that money is far from the reason why Aprone creates and manages his nice games. A lot of Swamp players would say that even if Aprone did not frequently update Swamp with new features, or even if the hackers did not insist on giving aprone a hard time, the game is more than worthy of shareware title. I suggest you try to create a game such as Swamp and then tell us how REDICULOUS the idea seems.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gadgetman2227 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gamedude via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gadgetman2227 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gadgetman2227 via Audiogames-reflector