A curious economic discovery I made

Hey y'alls. So a few moments ago, I was doing some reading or a project I had to do. So, what I saw was countries like Barbados having rutly a GDP o 5.2 Billion a year. Dmonica with a population o 71K has a GDP o 539 a year. Trinidad, having the largest economy in the Engliish Caribbean, or, "Commonwealth, Cariibbean", has a pop o 1.3 million and a GDP o 23 Billion. Then, I saw places like the Kymon islands, with a population, rutly ten times smaller than Guyana, with a GDP equal  to Barbados, and still, 2 Billion more than Guyana. Brumuda, same population as Kaymons has a larger GDP than Barbados. So, the conclusion I drew, was the territories that are still apart o the mother country are much, much, much more well off, economically speaking than their independent siblings like Barbados, like Dominica, and their GDP percapitas are even on par with ours here in trinidad, or or a un and completely useless act, more than the GD Per capita o Austria Hungary. So, my question is why though? Why do the territories still in Britain better off than independent countries? I'm curious. What do you think? My guess would probably be better governance and a steady incom of outside investment.
Hey. Everyone has topics about their country, so why can't i? lol.