Re: Java Servlet, Apache Tomcat, and MySQL

Hum... well without knowing the full set of technologies you are using, not sure if I can help at all. To clarify, the subject  line of this thread applies to just about all java related web technologies. Are you using Spring MVC, EJB, etc... I really only have hands on familiarity with Spring Boot, but have passing knowledge in Spring MVC. I had to learn about EJB and other related older technologies a while a go. If anyone is to help, we have to know what you are actually using. JSP tells me that you are using older technologies, perhaps Spring MVC, although you have not mentioned Spring at all.

Each framework is going to have a different way of handling security, at least in terms of what is built into the framework you are using.