Re: Thoughts on a western drama

@Andrea, congrats on the release, as I said there was a great deal I liked, indeed simply being able to boast the longest first person audio adventure game we've seen thus far is definitely an achievement in and of itself.

Actually, if there had been a little more native American culture in the game, and perhaps more than one character to explain this culture, I don't think I'd have minded, EG if you made a comparison between the stone circle and medicine wheel or mentioned Wakan Tanka, or if you'd just had a couple of different native American characters with different perspectives.

A great example here is The Inquisitor, we learn of the Cathari heresy and about the church organisation, and we meet a great many Catholics who are different people in the game, some more or less zealous, or more or less corrupt (actually I need to play through the hole series, as thus far I've only ever played through the first game).

I'm afraid on the "Well it had to be simple for new comers to audiogames", logic,  my issue here is the way that the game play was kept simple, by essentially having everything with a "hear and react" mechanic, rather than having something a player had to judge.
To take one example, In the current game during gun fights, you don't actually have to worry about targitting your enemies, you just wait for the break in the pattern of shots, then hit one direction, blast away, hit down again, rince and repeat.
Usually, there is more than long enough if you find the right gap to shoot all six of your bullets, and you don't really need to worry about where the enemies are.

Suppose however, your enemy's reloaded at different speeds and you actually need to target them, by holding the arrows right or left to move a target curser across the stereo field space invader's style.

So, what you would need to do, is listen to your enemy's pattern of shots, pop up, hit right or left arrow until you got a target bleep, and squeeze the trigger.
However, since the enemy's were reloading at different speeds you wouldn't be able to get more than one, maybe two shots off before having to duck and shoot.

You'd have to try and target enemies as they reloaded, and decide when to risk pulling your target cursor a long way, and when to just play it safe, or when to try and take out more than one enemy before ducking down again, (if you've ever heard of an old nighties light gun arcade game called time  crisis, this is sort of what I am thinking here).

Which ever direction you go with the next release, I'll be looking forward to it.