how to pass lava in Hades.

This is for anyone who also plays this game and can't see the screen. I've watched Brandon do it. I've read about others do it. But I can't do it myself. Apparently, there's this accidental audio cue I'm supposed to listen out for. I think I know what it is because sometimes when I walk my character randomly breathes in or something, but I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I've figured out that when you first step into lava, there's a higher pitched footstep sound. That doesn't really help me though because you start getting burned almost right away. I can usually quickly move in the other direction but most of the time I take some damage, and this eventually adds up and kills me.
Most of the time, I can pass the first room simply by walking along the lava area to the right, eventually I will here a kind of wood crunching sound instead of the lava footstep. Can't do this in the next room though since you seem to be on an island of sorts with lava all around you.
I also can't exactly rely on sure footing because I've made it to Asphadel on 3 runs, but haven't gotten the boon on a single one of them. I've tried listening to blind people stream the game and explain how they pass the lava, but I can't seem to reproduce what they're doing.Someone, please, tell me textually how to pass this. I really want to finish a run in this game. Hell, I've even tried hacking out the lava by looking through some of the lua scripts and juggling around some numbers, but that hasn't worked. Frankly, I'm stumped.