Re: The Spider Simulator - Communication thread

About the concept demo... This little thing already turned out to be surprisingly fun so I actually believe we're up to something here.
The initial control scheme is a bit unintuitive I think. What I was feeling while playing was:
the first finger of every hand should be the first leg, the pinky the last one. That way for me it would be easier to conceptualize the leg movement. When you put your palms together and move the respective fingers you can see what finger moves what leg.

A not so important side note is that we will need to make the controls mappable because the asdf jkl; keyboard layout is not standard in every language. In German there is an ö instead of the ; but for now it is much easier for me to just change my keyboard layout smile
Just for future optimizations.

Edit:
Don't want to step on any ones toes by only referring to Graemes and my posts. There has been more good feedback and help offers over at the initial thread - Thanks for that! I tried to single out just the posts that were working on the concept though for future easier reference.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector