Re: linux, a newbie questions

Phoenix, keep in mind that the application in question has to actually be electron or chromium based. This isn't some fix everything parameter for all inaccessible UI's.
The way I personally do it is by adding a shortcut to the desktop, then editing it's properties, then adding the --force-renderer-accessibility parameter from there. Btw at jasek, you can't actually type chrome or whatever to invoke it from the terminal, it has its own weird little command, I forget the exact string, but if you add a desktop shortcut, it'll already be there regardless, you just have to add  --force-renderer-accessibility on top of it.
BTW, and sorry for going slightly off topic, but I've been seriously considering switching to linux fully myself. My only questions, and this first 1 may seem kind of trivial, but I absolutely love TWBlue. Anything even remotely similar on linux? Also, any way to disable use screen lay out in orca like you can with NVDA? I *hate* when browsing this forum, for instance, having to deal with link new posts visited link active topics visited link unanswered topics, all in 1 giant cluster, then having to tab or do k / shift + K in order to actually find what I want. Same when viewing post information on here, though admittedly less so, I still have to read that entire block to get the date a post was submitted, for instance, not to mention a myriad of other things. I also hate how, in chrome, when using --force-renderer-accessibility, it won't remember your position when going back a page, or whatever. Incredibly frustrating.
I also have yet to dive in to the world of team talk for linux, but anyone here used it before and can comment on its accessibility? Also, and admittedly this is slightly out of the scope of TT, but being able to root system audio is another big must for me.
Oh, and speaking of that, anything similar to mmsys.cpl on linux? At least, as far as viewing and managing sound devices is concerned? I'm thinking changing default input / output, listen to this device, enhancements / surround sound settings, if supported by the soundcard / headset, my logitech can do this, etc?
Oh and, I've just about lost track of the amount of also's by now, good VPN's?
Sadly I strongly doubt anything on linux even comes close to foobar 2000. That is something I'll, painfully, have to learn to live without.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector