Re: Monthly chat, November 2020

Hi,

So, another one of my stories from university:
As we have once again switched to distance learning, we were told how to do a remote desktop connection to one of the computers in the university building.
What I didn't know was how complicated it would be to do that with JAWS.
I need to pay 200 bucks just to enable the remote desktop feature on my (already approximately 1000 dollar) JAWS license. Seriously, Freedom Scientific or whatever you call yourselves these days?
I am just annoyed at how they are milking every last cent out of their customers, that's why I won't ever do a JAWS upgrade again, unless I get a new laptop (which gets the newest version pre-installed).

Apart from that, university is going very well, apart from me constantly getting distracted during online lectures where the teachers do what seem like eternal monologues.