Re: Pokémon access

Okay, yeah, so this is definitely more accessible than just doing it rough on a GBC console. The GBC is faster, but you get less info overall. I especially like the pathfinder tool; that's nifty as hell.

What I would dearly, dearly love to change is the use of the Z and X keys as A and B, respectively. I'm so used to using the enter key as a confirmation that it feels weird to use it for the start menu. Is there an easy way to remap these? If so, I'd like to hear it; I tried messing around with it, but the interface doesn't look friendly with NVDA. Maybe I'm just missing something.

I still say the game itself is pretty laggy - like, more so than it normally would be on a GBC - but it's maybe not quite as bad. In fact, my main gripe now is that it tells you were freaking -everything is, and there are a lot of NPCs in pokemon that I know to ignore because they aren't useful for anything, but of course the finder doesn't necessarily know that. Still, I know this isn't a valid complaint, it's just something to get used to from someone who ran the games in a far faster but stripped-down way.

Also, serious shout-out to the dude who did this with Pokémon Stadium by pluging in the GBC cartridge to the transfer pack. I used to do that all the time in order to grind pokemon levels on the elite 4. My first ever level 100 was a Starmie that I nicknamed the Death Star: Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam. That thing took the entire elite 4 all by itself, no problem.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : buu420 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector