Re: Classic 6 Dragons game!

Hi.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for letting us know about this mud. I have heard of this mud before but wasn't sure exactly on the differences from the usual, particularly as I'm a solo exploring and questing sort of person.

One thing I'd be interested to know is if you have any settings within the mud itself for say reducing the amount of text in combat or making navigation easier. Generally on this site we don't list muds generally, but if muds make allowances within their code fon Vi players using screen readers we well might.

I would also personally be quite interested in the game especially what you say about unique quests sinse I'm a questing sort of person.

I do however have a couple of questions about your screen readers page:

First, a question, you mention a soundpack, what format is it? is it standard msp or is tit created to work with a specific client or screen reader, sinse Jaws is by no means the only scr een reader people use, (I personally use a program called Supernova).

I'm also not sure what this "thumb" screen reader is you mention, sinse the only free screen reader I've heard of for windows is Nvda.

Second, you mention the Vip client as being 30 usd, this is not actually correct. The client is free to download and initially starts in full mode, when full mode runs out  you can go on using it as long as you like.

The major thing full mode gives you is msp sound support (hence why I asked whether the soundpack you mention is msp or created with a specific client).

I'll also add that Vipmud runs with several screen readers or can run with microsoft sapi as a default voice, while addons exist to have mushclient do the same, though unless there is a specific mushclient configuration for the game along with the soundpack such as that for Alteraeon I personally prefer Vipmud sinse I find it much easier to navigate and use ad mu ch more responsive.

Either way, I'd appreciate knowing a little more about your soundpack, and perhaps you would considder altering your support page a little to reflect the fact people use different screen reader programs.

Other than that the mud does sound interesting, I'd just like to know some more information both about how screen readers are supported specifically, and about how the game works.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector