Re: Classic 6 Dragons game!

Well I have signed up, my character is a dwarf crusader called darkrock (yes, inventive eh?), though primarily I just wanted to try the game out.

I'm liking the screen reader config options here particularly brief combat, though when I get into the stage of things jumping on me for no readily apparent reason I'm not sure if I'll want a way to read creature descriptions afterwards sinse one thing that annoys me in muds is never getting the full description of creatures sinse I'm too busy typing in commands.

I also can't get the sounds to work. I downloaded the file from http://mud.themudhost.net/~vladaar/sound/sound.zip
however when I extracted it it didn't contain anything, indeed the folder is only 162 bytes and has nothing in it.

I'm  looking forward to ahving a go at professions sinse I always enjoy exploring. games gathering and mining tend to be static, though I'll have to investigate and see.

One very weerd thing I found during the tutorial is that I could use the "where npc" command to be told what room an npc was in, and the "whereis npc" command to get exact directions to that npc, but I couldn't get locations just to a room without an npc, for example "whereis portalstone" I found it of course, but it did seem a bit strange that I didn't get directions, then again I don't know if there is a more complete command to tell you shops, temples and such important locations that I am missing.

I'll go and do some more quests and see how things work out. One thing I do like thus far is I'm not overloaded with stats or inforamtion, sinse personaly I always find balancing stats and minimaxing the less interesting part of the game especially when I'm starting off and I just want to look around.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zaiden via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector