Re: Let's all write to the developers about the Accessibility of the offic

guys, just came on this topic to say...seriously now, what do you have with facebook? Why the hell is it so bad?
yeah, the place is full of sighted. yeah, they post a lot of fucking pictures or even worse, videos, that don't make any sense to me to be honest. indeed, the web interface is...not so good, though that improved, I'd say a lot, lately.
note: I am mostly using messenger, so don't interact with the most horible parts of facebook on a quite daily basis.
But besides that, well, what can it possibly do to make you all hate it soooo much? I'm not a huge fan of the platform either, but we have to at least try adapt  a bit to the platforms more sighted people use, I don't mean make an unreasonable effort like use tictock, snapchat or whatever weird/inaccessible solution just because, but still...
let me now give you an example: In the context of this fucking covid pandemic, my school chose to use teams as the way of online learning, maybe they have a contract with ms?
anyway, as some of you might know already, I am not one of those people who hate web interfaces, and for the heck of me, can't really understand why some people do so, I know personal preference is at play here. So then, you know the web interface is not the reason for which I hate teams.
well, the entire app feels very cluttered, full of toolbars and stuff, controls which, seriously, you don't see very often in a real website. Everything feels very clustered together to me, like someone didn't have enough time to design it properly, but it needed to be out there, so they made it happen by sticking everything together, in a very big, half ordered and half not even making sense lump of functionality.
Plus, it's not very accessible as a hole, I might add. For example, if someone starts a meeting, it takes a bit of time to join it, there is no keyboard shortcut or whatever to at least move the focus to the join meetup button. So, not a very good platform, right?
and again, I almost forgot, I can't open a file from within teams, the view that poppes up is completely, to my knowledge, inaccessible and you can't even get out of it without nvda ocr, so you have to first download the file manually on local storage before you can view it.
So, what should I have done then? say things like you said about facebook which, whatever you might think, is better structured and more accessible than that crap teams, and what then? refuse to attend the rest of the school year?
nope, I had to adapt to the situation, use be my eyes quite often because the stupid teachers send fucking photos sometimes, be a bit late to the meetings because it takes a bit longer for me to find that join button or because I have to go through the calendar which is...meh...hard to reach, maybe a lot of other things besides, but I didn't just give up and say well scrue it...let's use skype, teamtalk or whatever.
what I am trying to say here is, at least try to adapt to the majority a little. If you know most of your friends, family or other kinds of social partners use one platform, would you struggle with an app that is not even up to date sometimes, just...why? For example, here in Romania, everyone I know, including some, not many, blind people, have an fb account, use it daily, even post some links or videos or whatever and are mostly more active than me anyway. So why, then, should I just keep using tt?
Believe me, in the beginning, I didn't even want to hear about facebook, even begun to scorn people who used it. Well, I needed to sooner or later, unfortunately. why, do you ask, because I noticed, through some of my friends, that more and more activity was happening there, from faster news, to competitions, even to an IT course for the blind I almost missed but for one of my friends sending me the link to the detail page he got...obviously in a facebook post. So then, with not much choice left, I made an account and here I am, to this day.
I am now really curious, why do you hate it so much? Btw, it even provides some form of image description, it calls them alt text or alternative  text, which, I think, telegram doesn't provide. To be fair, that isn't a functionality of messenger either, but of fb itself, in posts and such things only, not messenger messages.
So now, I wait for your input...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : azure via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vlad95 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector