Re: Audio Gaming in Linux - audiogame-managerhhh

Chris wrote:

This is really cool! I'll have to check this out once I install Ubuntu on one of my machines. I have a few questions.
Do you have plans to add this to Linux repositories? This would be nice since all you'd have to do to install it would involve running something like sudo apt install audiogame-manager and then run it directly from the terminal.
Have you added Perilous Hearts to the list of games? I know it's not complete, but it's such a cool game and it should run just fine under Wine. I used to run it in macOS this way.
Is it feasible to run this on ARM computers such as the Raspberry Pi? I doubt it, but just figured I'd ask.

I hadn't really thought about adding it to any repositories, but that might be worth doing just to pull in all the dependancies that make wine work well with games. It is developed and tested on Arch Linux, and that is probably the only repository I would personally maintain. This means someone else would have to create Debian/Ubuntu packages. I would not feel comfortable trying to release packages I couldn't personally test, and it would be better to have someone who uses those distros on a daily base in charge of packages for them.
Also, after you have downloaded it and made it executable once, it will automaticaly check for updates and prompt you. That prevents having to go download and set it up after each new release.
I went ahead and added Perilous Hearts since you want it. I also added Palace Punch Up since it was the only Blastbay game not already added. Both games will be available in the next update. The next update is coming sooner than usual because a lot of people are contacting me privately and asking for it early lol. It will be up in just a few minutes.
Running this on a Pi is possible, but not yet achieved. It requires a x86 vm with wine installed, and would have to be extremely light weight so that games would have at least a small hope of running without terrible lag. We have been working on this for over a year now, but some bugs in the underlying infrastructure are preventing it from working at the moment. Once those are fixed, however, we will dive back in and see how it goes. There is a chance that when we do get it going that the Pi won't be able to handle it affectively enough to make the games playable at all. It will certainly require a Pi 4 to have any chance at success.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stormdragon2976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stormdragon2976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stormdragon2976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stormdragon2976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stormdragon2976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stormdragon2976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector