Some help needed with GTA5

Hi all. Apologies in advance if this question is stupid as hell, or has a really obvious answer that I’m just not thinking of for some strange reason.
I’ve just bought a copy of GTA5 from steam. The game, along with the Rockstar Game Launcher, is installed on my PC, I’ve put the Grand Theft accessibility mod files in their correct place, and got the newest version of script hook. With some sited assistance I managed to create an account on the Rockstar Social Club, and I’ve logged on in. Then it came time for me to actually run the game, and for some reason, when I launch GTA from the desktop shortcut, the Rockstar Game launcher just informs me that an update to the launcher is needed in order to run GTA5. Pressing enter at this point just closes the launcher, and I’m completely stuck and don’t know what I’m supposed to do to get the update. I’ve spent something approaching an hour with a sited friend of mine, trying to figure this BS out, but to no effect. If somebody can kindly inform me what I am inevitably doing wrong, or how and where to install the update, I’d highly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.