Re: Designing an Audio FPS

I had a Ugoslavian SKS. It had a built-in 10 round mag, a grenade launcher with grenade sight and a bayonet. There was a hollow space in the stock for a cleaning kit that you would store in a tube, but the kit was missing when I got the rifle.

There was no ventilation in the barrel, so it would get quite hot rather quickly. Even the space of time when I loaded up a fresh mag wasn't enough to cool it down. Also, I never had grenades for it, a pity actually. But it's grenade launcher was not a rail mounted unit. Instead, there were a series of rings on the outside of the barrel that you attached your spring loaded grenade to. You'd load a blank, flip a switch that would both disable the gas-blowback and allow the grenade sight to flip up. You'd set it to whatever range you needed and take aim and fire.

I never actually fired it with the bayonet extended. I was nervous about if the thing had bent over the years and the bullet might ricochet off it and go wild. It took 7.62X39mm rounds. It was also completely field-strippable without tools.

I sold it for what I paid for it when I was in a spot of needing quick cash, and I miss it. There was no recoil, and I mean none. Hell, you felt more from firing a spring loaded BB gun than you did from this rifle. Ah well, I still have my Mossy.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector