Developing a new game. Asking the community some questions!

Hello!

My name is Maksymilian (Max). I am a university student from Finland. This is my last year and I am working on a 3D-audio game as my final project.

The game will be a Unity-based first person puzzle game in which the player will need to solve puzzles and navigate with the help of 3D-audio. Since this is my first time developing a game with an intent to be accessible for visually impaired people, it would help immensely to be able to communicate with this community. I have some questions considering accessibility and I hope you could help me with some answers and opinions.

1. How important is the audio in games for visually impaired and how big of a difference does good audio make?

2. Are there any obvious potential accessibility problems I should take into consideration while developing? Maybe something that has been overlooked in the past or something that could be easily overlooked by a first timer in this area of expertise, like for an example confusing audio or faint audio etc.

3. Do you have any suggestions/tips how to make the audio more intuitive?

4. How important is the accessibility of visuals in a game? Does lack of it make games unplayable?

5. Do you have any suggestions/ideas on how to make visuals more accessible for visually impaired people? Colorblindness modes, sharper contrast and lightning to more easily differentiate shapes and edges etc. ?

For now, those questions are my biggest concerns but I would love to be able to hear more from you! If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post them here! I will be reading the replies and taking notes. I will also make posts in the future about the project's development and keep you updated!

Thank you all in advance!