Strange iOS/VO Issues

Hi folks,

I hope you're all well and staying safe. I'm encountering two very annoying behaviors when using iOS.

  1. Whenever media is playing and I access Notification Center and then navigate away from it, VO appears to announce the first element of Notification Center, which is the routed speaker that is playing output, followed by the title of the media that is playing, etc. I have to touch the screen to get its focus back to where I am with respect to the open app. I've been dealing with this since iOS 13, and I'm not sure what could be causing this.

  2. Is the scene descriptions setting under VO's verbosity section absent from newer phones? I'm getting sick of hearing "logo, image, night sky" every few swipes.