Re: Ridiculously High RAM Usage With NO Apparent Cause

TheBlindSaiyan wrote:

I think it may be a dell XPS or dell computer specific issue.
I have a dell XPS 13 9300 and have the exact same problem, it's just I have 16GB ram.
My gaming laptop doesn't do it, at idle I'm at 9% of 32GB usage give or take, but with my XPS I'm at 22% when I first boot, and I have more or less the same programs running as you do.
I do notice that when you finish doing things, it doesn't seem to free up ram I.E. if I keep restarting a program, the usage will gradually rise without coming down.
As an earlier poster mentioned, it could be if you have a web browser open for a long period of time.
I was on a site for a couple of hours yesterday, and although I only had 1 browser tab open, by the time I was finished with it my usage was at an unexplainable 90% give or take.
I put it to sleep thinking it might right itself if I left it for a bit, and the next time I came to use it the thing wouldn't even respond to my keyboard presses because it mustn't have had any memory to play with.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing, and it's driving me up a wall.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector