Re: Accessible texting from laptop

I mean, clearly it is if Dell managed to pull it off. Their solution is to connect to the phone by bluetooth, and the limitation is that you can only see texts that you get while your phone and laptop are connected, but still.

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to write a script to make it workable, even with the jaws curser I can't get it to read incoming messages or specific contact names in any way. The contacts thing is fixable because there's a search bar you can use. I don't know anything about programming though, so no clue if it's possible.

Honestly though, just being able to use the laptop as a bluetooth keyboard for texting has already been a pretty decent middle ground fix. I just leave my phone unlocked near me and it'll read out incoming texts, I respond through the app. It's pretty useful for conversations with single people, it gets problematic when you try having more than one conversation at a time.

The laptop also intercepts incoming calls now, which also isn't too bad of a feature. Shame I can't rout facetime video through my webcam, although I guess that'd be pushing it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector