Re: Community failure clause

Wait, @4... Why even outline the last bit if you then think it should be omitted???

Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe the system could look something like the following:

  • User sees something they don't like:

    • Reviews rules thurroughly to make sure there isn't any easy rule breach to site,

    • If no, carefully weighs the potential backlash and drama the situation may cause, and if it would be better to simply try and reason with the offender,

    • If the user finally decides that it is in the community's best interest, he creates a post in Site and Forum Feedback, or wherever we decide it should go, detailing specific events and posts that prompt the idea, as well as detailed, rational reasonings as to why action should be taken against this user.

  • Other users add to the thread with detailed, rational reasonings as to why action should or should not be taken against this user. This is why I don't suggest we do a poll, because answers should have actual reasons.

  • We give the user a small amount of time, maybe a day or two, to respond and defend themselves, or whatever they choose to do. As the user is already being watched, any drama stirring or general rule breaking during times of inquiry, particularly on the topic in questino, should be dealt with in an even stricter manner.

  • Staff reviews the topic on there own, compares notes and points they've gathered and reaches a verdict.

I can't stress enough that the user making the topic against someone else should be beyond sure that they wish to do so, knowing full well the consequences to all parties involved. People who post against the offender make take a huge hit to reputation if the offender is deemed inocent. Likewise, it may not be the best feeling to have gotten someone banned from a comunity for technically doing nothing wrong. Just food for thought,. I'd love to have a good conversatino about this.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : gym via Audiogames-reflector