How to reinstall Big Sur on my Mac without losing information

Hi everyone,
So yeah, it finally starting throwing nasty problems at me. This new update of Big Sur does not recognize my usb keyboard as a controller, nor my printer and I kind of really need this to be recognized because I am studying musical performance so yeah.
What can I do? Is it possible to restore the OS without losing the information and without a usb pen drive? I do not have one at the moment and only wish to make it start freshly.
Thanks, I hope there is a way.