Re: Wheret o store my commands?

Maybe have a class which contains the default hotkey? Then there's the possibility the user can change them later on.

If you're talking about using hard coded numbers then I'd avoid it. Hopefully whatever library you're using provides something like pyglet.window.key.

other thing you could do is register the possible commands with names, then have some kind of configuration file?

ctrl+s: save
ctrl+l: load

That there is valid YAML (I was surprised to learn).