Re: Instapot experiences?

When using the instant pot, I have never used any of the presets.  I only use the arrows, the saute, and of course the manual buttons.  The neat thing about the instant pot duo nova is that it will remember your cook time; set it for six minutes last time? press manual and it's on six minutes still.  Every recipe I have encountered cooks at high pressure.  As a side note, I've made everything from a chocolate lava cake to a meatloaf and mashed potatoes to hard boiled eggs in mine.  They are versatile and one of my favorite appliances.

As for flipping things, for chicken breasts and a good non-stick pan plus a tiny amount of olive oil I won't even use a spatula to flip things.  I'll just reach in and flip it over.  Same with french toast, thicker pork chops, and a well put together berger patty.

One thing that I've started using the past six or so weeks because I wanted more variety in my meals (I got bored of the same ten fifteen things) is to sign up for either a meal delivery service like home chef, plated, big oven.  They will teach you great cooking techniques as well as provide interesting food.  I'd never have had a butternut squash and potato chowder with crispy prosciutto on top ever in my life, but that was one of the meals that was sent my way, so, I ate it.  Fucking delicious is the only way I can put it.  The only drawback with a service like that is there is a lot of waste--boxes, ice packs, bags.  Another alternative that is worth considering is something like platejoy that gives you recipes and a grocery list but you do the shopping.

I'm the guy that will plan for a week's worth of food.  I'll usually do an instapot or slowcooker thing, quick five ten minute meal, and a couple of more involved ones.  On the weekends, tipicaly sundays, I go all out with a roast or a half rack of ribs or something once or twice a month, depending on the sales in my grocery store.  Just whatever you do, for your walet's sake, don't order take out/delivery from Uber Eats or something like that the majority of the week.  With a little practice you can cook food just as good, if not better, and save a shit load of money, and when you do order in/go out it's more of a treat that is enjoyed rather than a chore.  Side note, deciding what you want and ordering it and waiting takes longer than making a menu and cooking for yourself, I'm convinced of that!