Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi,

Thanks for the continued support and interest in the project. Even though we’ve been a bit quiet  both here and on social media   recently, the team are all still busy working away. The game design team are busy working on Crimson Eclipse, our sound designer has been recently creating all the monster sounds (which has been really fun getting to listen to all of them as he creates them).  For myself, with Sable now having everything which the game design team require to build Sable, this has freed me up to focus my time more on optimisation, polish and general cosmetic parts of Sable. Even though the focus has shifted to Crimson Eclipse, I’m actually planning on putting together a Sable YouTube video to show off the new speech system in Sable (which is something various people have requested), hopefully I’ll also get to show off a couple of other features at the same time too. Hoping to get this done in the next couple of days, but with Christmas getting so close not sure if I’ll have time to get the video out before Christmas, but will try if possible. , but as soon as I have that video ready I’ll be sure to post here. One other  thing which might be of interest to some of you, in the last Ebon Sky Studios team meeting I suggested we post the Sable change log up on our website, so that anyone interested in finding out exactly what changes have gone into Sable since the public Alpha will have a place they can go to view the full change log  from when the public alpha went live right up to the latest version of Sable. We thought this would be a nice bit of transparency on what I am and have been working on in Sable, but hopefully also gives people an opportunity to see what new changes/systems have gone into Sable to help if they are thinking about their own games. the change log isn’t up on the website just yet, with it being so close to Christmas now it may not go up until after the Christmas break, but as soon as it does I’ll be sure to post a link to it here for those interested. I also can’t take credit for the idea of posting the change log, it was actually something suggested by Threeblacknoises a few months back, so thanks for the great suggestion as I think some people will find it interesting and also is a way for people to keep up to date on Sable progress and any new amendments/additions which I add.

Anyway, as ever thanks for the continued support, Merry Christmas to  you all, may you all have a fantastic Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Paul Lem
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/