Re: assistance with Mushclient

For sound triggers, wildcards will get you by for a while, but eventually, you will need to graduate to regular expressions. You can write your sound trigger like this:

there is a sudden white flash around (.*)\.

This matches more precisely. The parens form what is called a lexical grouping, in essence, this ties the first set of parens to %1, the second to %2 and so on. You could then use these variables in your code just as before. The .* inside them just means to match as many instances of a character as you find. the * is the quantifier meaning 0 or more, and the dot is a match for any character.

The other thing I'm not so sure about because I don't know the game and how this command works.

Send ("tpa @tpd")
I'm guessing that tpa is an in game command? But then wheat is @tpd, because that is not how we refer to variables in mushclient. Unless of course, this pack they gave you added parsers for things I'm not sure of. I'm going to need a bit more information on the workings of this command and how it is used, and when.

By the way, you do have your send to box in the alias set to script, right? If not, it should be. You're calling the Send() function which is a lua script function that sends the given text to the world.