Re: Feedback on what I believe I might be getting for christmas.

I doubt that a remote control quadcopter is going to be able to remove your finger.  It certainly won't feel pleasant, but cut off the finger, I doubt it.

I've never heard of anyone flying these accessibly to any degree that's worth having.  I doubt you're going to get more than "it's in the air and I can hear it buzzing".  There's probably a lot of other things you could spend money on that would be more valuable.  I've given thought to what it would take to build some sort of UI for this, and it'd take building it yourself and I'm not sure what it'd even look like given that your reaction time has to be pretty good and you can't just sit for a minute like you can in an audiogame.  But maybe someone I don't know about has solved this problem.  Nonetheless, most of the practical uses are either "I put a camera on it" or stuff you're not going to be able to do with something that's not pretty expensive.

I guess my feedback is, it might be cool to have one but it's the sort of thing where the value a blind person gets out of it is like 10% or less what a sighted person does, but you're not going to end up getting it for 10% of the price.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector