Re: The Jeopardy topic

I admit, most of my experience with jeopardy has been with the Alexa game, and we play that chiefly because my lady is a huge fan, since while there are some interesting questions, a lot of them are just a little too! american centric (I'd say out of every day's twelve questions, at least four, sometimes five are about Us history, Us politics, Us specific tv network questions or Us sport, despite the ap being international).

There was an attempted English version in the mid nineties, but it really didn't take off, and I only know about it because it showed before a great scifi series.

going on the ap, some of the questions are interesting in the way they start with one thing and then another, but I'm afraid the "answer with a question", thing always strikes me as more a gymmic than a challenge, though I know it's the main part of the series.

again, obviously it's different if you grow up with the show, my lady was quite sad when she heard about Alex Tribeck's death, and there are certainly English Quiz icons and Quiz shows not known in America (so sad Bruce Forsythe died in 17, so I appreciate how special jeopardy has been to a lot of people over the years, and likely if circumstances were different I'd probably feel the same, but as it stands, it's probably just not one that mnakes it outside the states quite as well.