Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

Hey, so I wrote something about it fairly recently so I'll paste it here, it's a lot to summarise but basically

* Will be able to send more than just one army per year, armies will have to be led by commanders, these could be your general, your favourite champion, a random knight, even yourself. The higher the skill of the general the better they command and the more men they can take with them.
* Intro events before combat, ie a speech, some shouting, an early break of the lines
* Battle runs in phases, so instead of one continuous unit smash, your army and the enemy one will clash and then troops will die, manuvers will be made etc
* Random weather before a fight that can add random events, for example it could be a storm, this will show a stormy graphic above your battle scene and then random events could happen where a landslide happens and kills a mix of both sides men, or maybe just the enemies men or just your own
* Random events, in battle perhaps a wild bear charges the field, perhaps a group of hunters pass by and launch a volley of arrows at the enemy line, who knows.

So far battle phases work, the tracking of your remaining army, the background weather effects and several other things but it's still very basic compared to where it needs to be.

There's also a dynamic battle approach system that is halfway done.

I've also gotten concepts written up for rare weather events, waiting out weather, victory summary, what happens when you lose a battle, prisoner taking, post battle looting and loot division, upgrading units, and so on.

This will be the biggest update in Warsim's history by far but it will also be affecting the earliest thing ever written into Warsim's code so I know that I'm going to be tearing a lot of things out and breaking a lot of systems before I can get something up and running.

I'm concerned about how much work this will be as I have no earthly idea how much will need to be reworked, I estimate at best it will be 3-6 months of work but it is overdue.

My current mindset is if I go in a look at the absolutely essential core elements of what this combat update should be and can just get that skeleton done, I can then push a release and start adding the extra bits in updates to follow. We'll see how that goes though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector