A question about getting a new computer with an upgraded processor.

Hi. I'm converting a huge amount of videos, 800 or more, for a frend, some are an hour long.

I have an I3 processor, if I got an i5 or that other brand I can't remember at the moment, would that either improve the speed of the conversion or make the fans less loud? This thing sounds like it's going to take off tongue

I understand the CPU processes things in the background, and the higher the number, i 3 vs i 7 for example, the more it can process, is that right and will that affect the stuff I mentioned above?