Re: Framework, my new set of tools for audiogame creation in python3

@99, I think you have me confused with someone else. I am in no major form or fashion a developer of Lucia, I've contributed to it, but that's as far as I've gone. I encouraged contributions to Lucia because, as my post stated, a good chunk of features use it anyways, are directly in the engine itself (menu), will possibly require their own solutions depending on the constraints of your project (map), or contain vulnerabilities which one may not necessarily be aware of (data). Taking out all the fluff reveals sound3d, which can, and should, be improved. My statement of "Please do everyone a favor" was just that, a request to clean up the sound3d class. In no way was it intended to spark animosity, though in retrospect I realize that this was difficult to recognize from simple text.
As for pointing out "all the bad things," again, not quite correct. I did mention that sound3d was decent we did not have a high level wrapper over Synthizer, which this topic provided. My biggest peave perhaps is the unnecessary inclusion of components within the framework and the redundancy of wrapper functions.
I have no issue with open source depending on open source. That is the whole point -- to be able to utilize what others wrote within your own code. I do have an issue with the level of misdirection provided within the topic. If I recall correctly, Lucia is planning to switch to Synthizer as its base sound system and cytolk as its speech output method. The sound3d class and the speech.py module could have greatly assisted in this transition. Instead, the author chose to split off and provide his own option, one that, when discarding the argument of design patterns and globals, still lacks the features offered by Lucia. So, one must pose the question: Why? Why offer a "new" option and not try and improve the one already available, especially when your project ends up heavily relying on the available open source code and still lacks some of the old project’s features.