python open.write insert's extra lines after any line after writing?

hi, So am having a odd problem, Whenever i write something thru the open.write, Where there's something that looks like hi, And then a new line, And then my name is something, When i write it thru data="" and then i do data.write(stuffToAdd) when i look into the file, Between the hi and my name is something, The program inserted a extra blank line, And if i take the edited file and write again, The thing doubles it from 1 extra line between lines to 2, And if i do again doubles to 4, And so on, Is there a fix to this?
edit, So an example, Lets say i have this text.
hello there
this is a text
and this a text too.
ok, So after writing.