Re: I'm getting into steam again and have a question.

some games are awesome with a controller, others are better with the keyboard. The best way to know which games are better with a controller is to try it smile
I don't have a controller but I hear from some people that specific games are a blast with one. Again best way to find out is to buy one and experience it yourself. Give it a spin and if in the first month or so that you don't find it useful or fun, you can return it.
Hope that helps.
Edit: wow I really need to proof read my posts first cause there are more spelling and grammar errors in one message than brain cells in my whole head.