Re: Arcane Fortune - Windows/Linux/Mac console-played grand strategy game

I've posted a new release of the game with a new screen reader mode featuring some of what was suggested in this thread. The main benefit of this mode is that it makes the text cursor visible and places it near relevant text in some of the in-game windows and menu selections. I also made some other small changes like removing flashing of things in the game so screen readers don't get stuck in a loop repeating whatever is changing.

I wrote up a wiki page on the game's website with some of my notes and suggestions about using some of the features I've added:
https://www.arcanefortune.com/wiki/inde … en_readers
If you want to play the game I highly recommend reading that page because some of what I added (tabbing through text with the text-mode cursor) is not going to be obvious unless you checkout that page.

There's definitely more than can be done to make this game more accessible. But hopefully this release is a little more accessible than the last one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Darin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Darin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Darin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Darin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Fubsepude via Audiogames-reflector