Re: trying to solidify my understanding of coding concepts, and failing

I think the general consensus is that BGT is easy, in the same way heroine is easy. You'll feel good about yourself, but not in any meaningful way, and you'll lose all your friends and start to smell bad. Then you'll start talking to yourself, and eventually have a stunning moment of clarity where you'll go "wow, my life is fucked, wish I hadn't started shooting up BGT way back when. Ah well, too late to go back now."

Seriously, do yourself a favour and pick another language. You'll be just as confused, if not more confused in the beginning, but when it starts to sink in, it will be good knowledge that is transferable. If you ever decide you want a web component for your BGT stuff for example, then you're screwed my confused friend.

Plus, I honestly believe it's only a matter of time before some idiot says "hey, install my really cool BGT thing", and some other poor sod lets it through their antivirus. Next thing, their credit card details are being used to purchase drugs in Bolivia, and they're getting emails saying "Give me $500 or I send your naughty message logs to your mum."

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector