Re: Connection problem to the playroom

Hello,

Yes, I'm afraid that you will need to wait for 3.0 beta.

Version 2.2.8 is from 2016-2017, and since then I'm on another computer, with new compiler, new DLL versions, etc. I'm no longer able to compile 2.2.8 without a significant effort on finding back DLL that were used at the time with their accompagniing link lib. Thank to GIT I have the source code, but not the rest.

I think it isn't worth the effort to try to compile that version. I'll probably spend as much time as if I were trying to release a 3.0 beta sufficiently usable. So we have chosen that solution.

Anyway, an update of the client is required to fix the SSL problem. Given that a client update anyway always triggers issues on users' side like antivirus false positives, download manager rejections, and other problems of the same kind, then better is to go forward, for better or worse.