Re: A topic to talk about recent findings of retro stuff

Well on the subject of jailbreaking apple discourages it, but its no secret that they watch what the hackers are doing jailbreaking things.
Anything they see which they think looks good enough has a chance to be included in the next update so I guess in a round about way you are helping development, except apple is closed source so they can't admit that but still.
I agree about tanks.
My old toshiba 1850t is an utter tank mostly.
The wireless switches and volume knobs when I asked toshiba why these were removed was told that those components with frequent use got clogged or broke in some instances and were deemed weak points which does actually make sence.
Yeah the soni I have an sx35 with buttons and switches but that was updated to something else.
I have 3 soni units, the sx, a ux60 which was interesting with its buttons, and a px330 which is interesting in itself.
My new olympus lsp4 while I need to learn some of the control has a game pad style d pad as its main control menu navigation thingy which I do like though.
So gamecontrolers do make it into other devices I guess.
But yeah, I have 2 units 3 if you count my really broken toshiba tecra a9.
The fan on that one is busted and the hinge is screwed due to frequent use.
I always had it way back.
On the subject of toshibas, yeah they still make them here.
However most are 13 inch and while there are a few 14s the 15 inch stuff are collecters items.
I have a 3200m which is a joke but I wander what would happen if I pulled out the dvd drive and hard drive, and replaced both with ssd and hdd combo or ssd ssd respectively if I'd get a bit more life out of it.
The product serial is on the back as well as the windows key, so technically I should get a free upgrade to 10 pro should I need it.
On the other hand, linux could be the way.
On the other hand, I like the accessible control panel for hardware and part of me is wandering why I don't load windows 7 32 bit or old xp and just use it as a games and muck about system as it is.
Then again, I just don't do that sort of thing anymore.
What I do wish I had was a system from 1998 or there abouts where they still used real speakers, real soundcards and real graphics in normal systems or back to a system made in 1995 when we still had native fm midi ability.
Granted, I will never give up coolsoft or my 4gb collection pluss of retro and modern soundbanks but even so.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phoenix009 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phoenix009 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phoenix009 via Audiogames-reflector