Re: Why can't we talk about certain things on the forum?

The difference between this site and other sites is that other sites have attentive administrators who actually manage them (well, okay, the majority of them do). This site has no such protection. Sure, we have the admins, but the admins can't do anything if we get a takedown notice. And though a lawyer might tell you that its not something we should worry about, I think it damn well is if the very webmasters who are in charge of protecting us from those aren't actually taking their responsibilities seriously. If the webmasters took their responsibilities seriously, I guarantee you we wouldn't need to be so harsh about discussing potential gray areas. But since they aren't, we just have to do what we can to ensure that such a thing doesn't happen. The measures in place might not be necessary at all, but I think that this forum's case is unique and so the normal measure of letting the webmasters handle it doesn't apply. Its better to be cautious than to just let things fly and take the risk. The caution might be unnecessary in the end, but better to be safe than sorry.