Re: accessible java IDE/SDK?

You can also use Swt in your own projects.
And also, I've seen swing apps that work fine.  You have to check a box, however.  It's no longer "install the access bridge".  Instead, you're now supposed to check a box in control panel.  Unfortunately, there's no way to turn this off and it's been almost a year since I last did it.  I'm not saying that swing accessibility is fantastic, but it does work at least some.
The latest versions of eclipse crash NVDA on next.  There is an open ticket for it and I got volunteered to patch (lack of interest from anyone else, etc), but this requires understanding a Python metaclass at the core of NVDA, so I haven't actually done it.  See ticket #3872.  Patching NVDA for Eclipse support is low on my priority list, however.