Re: google docs, help needed

bgt lover wrote:

However, there is a disadvantage to braille mode. So, you know when you made a mistake, maybe spelling based, and docs was warning you where it starts, ends, and that correction suggestions are available in that place? well, now that the screen reader has controll and it's navigating through an edit field, maybe the mistakes would be red underlined as in word, but, like in word, it would no longer be automatically read to us, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate. You can still hear spelling, grammar and word choice suggestions and can still act on them. I'm not sure if there is a setting to gag this from the screen reader, but you might want to check on that.

bgt lover wrote:

The formatting things aren't read like in the self-contained screen reader of docs, either, I have to rely on the screen reader formatting keyboard shortcuts, like nvda+f, I wish it would be read automatically.

This is a bit of a pain, yes. You can, however, use the keyboard shortcut built into Google Docs to find format information: holding Ctrl + Alt, press a then f.

vaibhavbhandari wrote:

As for writing in google docs, one more thing that I have observed is regarding deleting a letter or text. I heard from somebody that its curcer works like how sighted people usually work. So before deleting a letter, I usually have to press left arrow after reaching it to ensure that my curcer is on that letter exactly. Does this problem also get solved after activating the braille mode?

Yes, braille mode should solve your problems there. Lots of cursor weirdness is solved by enabling braille mode. Another thing is the double speaking of characters when you arrow through a document and the missing announcement of capital letters. That all gets fixed when you enable braille mode.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vaibhavbhandari via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector