Re: Would people be interested in a guide to flash custom roms on android?

I kind of feel like the person making the guide should be one with a bit more expertise than someone who's just trying to get things running. In this type of work, things don't always go to plan, and when they don't, if the person writing the guide can't provide an answer as to why, it's going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of the person following the guide. Though, curating a set of resources is certainly a good idea.

The advantage of that is that you have a guide written by people who are used to flashing devices. They will know what the most common hangups are, and how to resolve them. They will have much more of a wider array of tips, and probably a list of devices, or a list of families of devices that their guide will work on. Then, you can come in with the talkback thing. Say something like, insert a step between 5 and 6, and do these things.

When I did my first root and ROM flash, I was mentored by someone who knew a hell of a lot more than I did. When I messed things up, I would go to them and they would tell me what I'd done wrong. Not everyone is as lucky as to be in that position, but a textual guide should be as close a substitute as possible. You only get that with experience. Not only that, but you only get it when you end up fighting your way through issues. If every time you ever flashed a ROM, unlocked a bootloader, applied a root strategy, things went well, you'd be in for a shock when these tips didn't work on someone else's device.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : StormProductions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector