I have never been this close before...

hello guys, this is probably one of my most eppic fails in castaways mission 1. so I am playing on the default map and start out by building what I always build when starting out. storehouse, tavern, sawmill and quory to get established. next, I assign jobs and just sit there for a while letting resorces and food come in. then I start a hospital, a butcher shop and then metal production. by the time I've finished the forge, the goblens are tramping around just about everywhere. i get the barax finished and recruit a few soldiers. it's to say that I also built a few houses while this was happening, to enlarge my poppulation. I skip the breadmaking chain and go straight to the textile. when the textile was finished, another round of housing was built, along with the ship. everything was looking really good. lumber and metal bar requirements for the ship had been filled, and cloth was looking good too. should It stay that way? not a chance! I have a huge ammount of meet and some vegetables, when suddenly the goblens just up and burn my storehouse! actually, the loss of the storehouse was what caused the game to fail, because as I was trying to build a new one, the delivery of supplies was slowed so dramatically that everyone starved to death. next, I tried closing down all unimportant buildings like the mine, forge and barax, the sawmill and the quory because I didn't need those at this point. still people were starving left and right. so I got completely drastik and shut down every single building I had, including the food generating buildings.it worked and the storehouse was rebuilt but 5 or so people had all ready died of starvation. I reopened all the buildings, but I had gone too far and by that time I didn't have any more peasents. the really laim thing about it was:.
a 12: ship, under construction.
building details. the construction sight currently contains 50 of 50, lumber, 18 of 18, metal and 20 of 30, cloth. that's h ow close I was. just 10 units of cloth and I could be done with the game. just put any suggestions, tipps, tricks, remarks and whatnot in here.