Re: Earwax Story Builder

OK, what would have been good though, is this:

I have a problem when building exits.

I go to the room I want to build the exit from, and I press c. After selecting "Exit" from the menu that pops up, nothing happens.

When I check the command prompt, I get this text:

... Whatever the text is.

That would have told me a lot more: When something goes wrong, there is more often than not a traceback. In this case there wasn't, but there still would have been text in the console, because there would have been SDL warnings. You could have given me those, and that would have at least shown me that you'd bothered to check before posting.

It's all about providing me with enough information to track down the problem. Saying "I can't create an exit" brings up so many questions it's unreal: Can you create rooms? Can you go to different rooms in order to create the exits? Do you get errors printed to your console? Is anything spoken at all? What version of Earwax are you running? What version of Windows? Can you navigate the story menu OK?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Subdragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pates via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pates via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector